Melissa Lofing, MAI
Managing Director & Financial Reporting Practice Co-Lead
About Melissa Lofing, MAI
Melissa M. Lofing is a Managing Director and Co-Lead of the Financial Reporting Practice for Apprise by Walker & Dunlop. Based in Southern California, Ms. Lofing specializes in a variety of financial and tax reporting services for GAAP and IFRS, including fair value measurements, asset allocations, business combinations, net asset valuations, lease accounting and reorganizations. Ms. Lofing has consulted with real estate clients across a variety of industries, including multi-family, manufactured housing, hospitality, healthcare, residential development, retail, manufacturing, and financial services. Clients served by Ms. Lofing include lending institutions, hospitality companies, REITS, government agencies, developers, corporations, and attorneys.
Prior to joining Apprise, Ms. Lofing was a Managing Director and National Co-Leader of the Financial Reporting Practice at Cushman & Wakefield. Prior to that role, she was with KPMG LLP for approximately 15 years, most recently as a Managing Director in its San Francisco office. While at KPMG, Melissa managed valuation teams in San Francisco, Chicago, and San Diego. Ms. Lofing also completed a three-year rotation in Sydney, Australia within the Corporate Finance practice focusing on acquisition and disposition due diligence and government contract consulting.
SELECT RECENT CLIENTS & ASSIGNMENTS
Significant financial and tax reporting engagements include:
- NAV per share analysis of a company including the valuation of approximately 150 real property assets and associated debt.
- Asset acquisitions of manufactured housing, multi-family, hospitality, and self-storage portfolios for a significant private equity client.
- ASC 805 valuation related to the approximate $6.5 billion acquisition of a public company focused on multi-family development and management
- ASC 805 valuation related to the approximate $1.5 billion acquisition of a for-profit childcare business by private equity
- Fair value analysis of a portfolio of 100+ hotels
- Valuation of a loan portfolio with approximately $20b in collective collateral value over a seven-year period for retroactive tax reporting purposes
Please call or email me to discuss your appraisal needs. I look forward to speaking with you.
Email [email protected]
8910 University Center Lane San Diego, CA 92122